Friday, August 28, 2009

Garden 2009


Yesterday I wandered out to my garden to check how everything was growing, and hiding down under the leaves were a lot of tiny tomatoes! The package said cherry tomatoes, but these are the tiniest cherry tomatoes I've ever seen! So cute and delicious though! We have already been harvesting zucchini, yellow crookneck, sugarsnap peas, and about 3 green beans. :) The carrots and I were not friends this year... but thats ok. I am excited to build our new house someday and have a bigger garden and have room to plant corn and be able to grow enough stuff to actually can it! Also on my list is planting a peach tree or 2, and a couple golden delicious apple trees. Apparently they make the best applesauce. Not to mention RASPBERRIES (my FAVE) and strawberries for jam. Yay gardening! It is so gratifying to reap the fruits of my labors.

4 comments:

Mom's Place said...

Yummmmm!!!! I miss having a garden this year. I was hay too pregnant and it got way too hot too early for me to go out to do all the prepping and planting. Next year for sure though!

Mary said...

AMEN!

the mom said...

hail the intrepid gardener! way to go apey! i love that you love this!

the mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.