Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Leo Lionni


This is one of my favorite childrens authors! I love his simple sweet stories that bring self confience and happiness in being who you are and to be content and happy with the world and to realize how wonderful of a place it is with you in it. I just had to give a shout out for him because I think he's great. His artwork is wonderful. He is a calcot winner and the art in Pezzittino is so simplistic and amazing. We just checked out Pezzittiono from the library (don't even get me started on how much I love the library! We are faithful visitors who go every saturday! What a wonderful resource!) Anyway, just to give you a taste, I will tell you the summary at the beginning of Pezzittino: Little Pezzettino is so small he is convinced he must be a piece of somebody else. A wise man helps him discover the truth.
Anyway, go to your local library and enjoy!

6 comments:

Soleil said...

I used to love those books when I was little! Or those types of books... I'm not sure if it is the same author. But I really like the art work in them.

Kimber said...

April, thanks for the post. It is always good to find something new to read. I'll be sure to check it out next time we go to the library.

Nate and Amy said...

April,
I got your blog from one of my sisters. I love all the fun photos and we also love the library. This is such a fun and easy way to keep in touch. If you would like, give me a call with your email address, so I can invite you to my blog! I love you guys!
Amy

Utah Dancer said...

I can't wait to check these out! They look adorable! Thanks for posting the comment about Ally, we are also so very excited for Isaac and his big baptism day too. How fun they did it on the same day! We sure love you guys!

Soleil said...

So, i bought 8 books of Leo's from ebay for like 12 dollars. I love them.

Soleil said...

Yes I did. Trent read them to me for my birthday.